The Forest Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Forest Beyond

A Warrior Cats inspired play-by-post roleplay game

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

how to use the genetics board & list of qualified geneticists

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Patchtail

Patchtail

how to use the genetics board & list of qualified geneticists Empty
PostSubject: how to use the genetics board & list of qualified geneticists   how to use the genetics board & list of qualified geneticists EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 4:02 pm

This board is mainly for if your character is having a litter and you want to make sure the kits have realistic colors and patterns.

How this works:
- You post a thread giving the colors and patterns of the parents of the litter. (For example: the mother is a red tabby shorthair with low white, and the father is a black smoke longhair.)
- You can post a photo of a cat that looks like the character, if you aren't sure what to call its color/pattern.
- A site geneticistwill reply to the post giving the most likely possible colors/patterns/etc. of the kits.
- If you want more options for a litter, just let us know and we can revise it.

Other things you can do on this board:
- If you want to know what a character's parents could look like, we can do that too
- I'm not much of a teacher but if anyone wants to learn genetics I can make a training thread and give it a try
- if you have any other questions, comments, discussions about cat or other animal genetics they can probably go here

Also, don't worry that you're taking up the geneticists' time by requesting genetics. Trust me, doing this is fun to us.

Last edited by Patchtail on Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Patchtail

Patchtail

PostSubject: Re: how to use the genetics board & list of qualified geneticists   how to use the genetics board & list of qualified geneticists EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 3:17 am

Users who are currently certified to do genetics:
machi
Patchtail

---
If you want to be added to this list:
- If you had a geneticist badge on FeralFront - just let me know your FF username and you're good to go
- If you're learning genetics and want to be qualified for the first time - I'm working on setting up a tutorial and certification test ASAP.
Back to top Go down
machi

machi

PostSubject: Re: how to use the genetics board & list of qualified geneticists   how to use the genetics board & list of qualified geneticists EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 7:28 pm

Tracks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how to use the genetics board & list of qualified geneticists   how to use the genetics board & list of qualified geneticists Empty

Back to top Go down

how to use the genetics board & list of qualified geneticists
Page 1 of 1