The Forest Beyond

A Warrior Cats inspired play-by-post roleplay game

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

a challenger approaches / o, joining

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mercurial

PostSubject: a challenger approaches / o, joining   Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:47 am

not really a challenger give him love

tigger / male / follower
11 moons – former kittypet

He hadn't been on his own for very long; perhaps a week at best. And though he had thought it a good idea to abandon his housefolk and strike out in solitude, it was becoming awfully lonely, and he was having a fair bit of trouble catching food for himself – not that he would admit it, of course. He had come out here to become stronger, more independent. And to get away from his housefolk's kits, to be frank; they were such pests, always grabbing him and yanking his tail like it were nothing more than a limp vine. Did he feel any remorse for his former housefolk? Not really; he hadn't lived with them for very long, and they had caused him more grief than anything.

When he came across a sparrow, Tigger froze, staring at it through wide eyes. Alright, you can do this, he told himself, and crouched low to the ground. He began to creep forward rather awkwardly, for he was still unused to such techniques, but the bird heard him long before he got close enough to spring. With a snarl of frustration, the fluffy tomcat raced after it. "Come back!" he shouted, though it sounded more like a childish whine than anything. "Please!"

http://thornclaw.tumblr.com
The Rebellion
Official Sitemom
Official Sitemom

PostSubject: Re: a challenger approaches / o, joining   Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:00 am

A chuckle came from his left side, the male appearing after bearing lighthearted blue eyes. "You're not gonna catch anything like that friend." Shade mewed, walking into the light. He himself had once been an indoor/outdoor cat. His twolegs kept him outside during cooldown season and inside during breeding season. Hence he caught food for himself often and was quite alright at doing so. From the male's form alone Shade could tell this feline had been a twoleg toy as well, just from how well fed he was.

Back to top Go down
http://wcrpgnew.forumotion.com
griffith

PostSubject: Re: a challenger approaches / o, joining   Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:09 am

Moth had just come across the two and their short interactions. She was intrigued at this kittypet's inability to fend for himself. She was a housepet at one point, but only when she was a small kitten. She was never one for confinement, so she set out into the world to fend for herself. It was the life she chose, and she was good at it. She smirked and joined the group, stating, "He's right, you know. Your form is completely wrong." Her voice had a condescending hint to it, but she didn't intend for it to slip out.

/merc can i steal that little fancy thing with his info in it :O
Back to top Go down
mercurial

PostSubject: Re: a challenger approaches / o, joining   Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:20 pm

tigger / male / follower

ooc - yeah, go for it! :^)

If truth be told, he nearly raced right past the stranger, having not heard the soft laughter until it was too late to even notice his presence. It was the words that truly caught his attention, and with indignantly puffed out fur he skidded to a halt. "What? I was doing just fine." he assured him upon catching his breath. Beads of sweat would have dampened his paw pads, had it not been for the cold snow beneath them. Despite the confident words, his tone was laced with embarrassment, and there was a small grimace on his face to go along with it. Though his sheepishness only worsened when a second moggy added in her two cents, and with a quirked brow he looked at her. "Form? What'cha mean by that?"

The Rebellion
Official Sitemom
Official Sitemom

PostSubject: Re: a challenger approaches / o, joining   Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:38 pm

"She means how you hold your tail and such, the bird sensed you before you even got close. Since it's winter you have to be even lighter on your feet to prevent the snow from crunching." Shade explained, walking over normally to demonstrate how loud it was. He then switched to a very light step, the sound dissipating almost completely. "You see?"

Back to top Go down
mercurial

PostSubject: Re: a challenger approaches / o, joining   Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:08 pm

tigger / male / follower

His confusion only grew as the tom explained his comrade's words. Or… were they really comrades? They seemed to be familiar with each other, but then again, this guy was also being friendly towards Tigger. But then again, the molly didn't seem as amiable. Ah, this was confusing. Maybe wild cats had their own sort of… network? A society? Kind of like how he'd befriended and visited his neighbors? At least they weren't trying to kill him; he'd heard rumors about these wild cats and their savage, murderous ways, but no one had attacked him so far and these two didn't seem keen on doing so, either, considering the fact that they were giving him pointers, odd as they were. Had he ever truly been afraid of them, even when he was a house cat? No, he didn't think so. They were all cats, after all. 

"How'd it sense me?" he asked dubiously. "And how's my tail gonna change that?" His demonstration did clear things up a bit, though it still didn't answer his second question. Tigger decided not to repeat himself, afraid that he might irritate the stranger and be refused any more assistance. "Like… this?" As he spoke, the thickset feline began to walk slowly forward, placing his paws down as lightly as he could manage. He still made a fair bit of noise, however, but at least it wasn't as bad as before. "How'd you do that?"

The Rebellion
Official Sitemom
Official Sitemom

PostSubject: Re: a challenger approaches / o, joining   Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:14 pm

"Left my twolegs long before you did pal, lot lighter on my feet now that I'm not being overfed." Shade answered with a chuckle. "Now see you crouch down like this, with your tail level to your back." The tom showed him near seamlessly, but it was still a bit off since he wasn't as properly trained as he could be. As he walked he pressed his paw lightly in the snow before moving to step, like he was making sure the ground was solid. In reality he was making sure he wouldn't step on a stick.

Back to top Go down
griffith

PostSubject: Re: a challenger approaches / o, joining   Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:48 pm

Shade had pretty much taken care of the basics, so Moth merely stayed back and watched. Her light blue eyes observed quietly, and she occasionally glanced to the strange kitty-pet. He definitely looked over-fed, but he didn't look completely hopeless. She couldn't deny that he at least TRIED to catch his own prey... and even if he hadn't caught prey for a while, at some point he'd have lost enough weight to. She gave a small chuckle at her own thoughts, then said, "It comes with time, you'll learn soon enough."

Moth was quiet after that. She kept thinking of how and why a kitty-pet had come so far from home. Soon, her curiosity got the best of her. Her voice sounded intrigued, and she asked, "So what're you doing out here on your own?"
Back to top Go down
Pip
Admin

PostSubject: Re: a challenger approaches / o, joining   Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:32 pm

"Indeed, this is no place for cats who have no idea what they're doing." The male parts his jaws, tongue flicking out and a low rumble escaping his throat. He watches carefully, before sighing a bit. You have to also watch where you step; keep your form low to the ground, press your body down as far as you can get, and try to approach as quietly as possible. Once you're in range is where you sprint and attempt to catch." Wayfinder sneers just a bit, but looks away soon enough.

Wafinder, Salemtrials

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a challenger approaches / o, joining   

Back to top Go down

a challenger approaches / o, joining
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1